Churches are all over the place. “There is something for everyone” is a phrase said about the modern world filled with churches of all shapes, sizes, and personal tastes. Gospel Community Church thought long on the error of this phrase, because they saw that there truly was not a church for everyone.
The fourth largest unreached people group for the gospel in the world is the Deaf Community. The United States of America itself only has an estimated 40 Deaf churches, and those are under constant pressure to close due to lack of financial support.
Gospel Community Church is a driven church that seeks to reach lost people in both the hearing and Deaf communities. Before his conversion, the planting pastor of Gospel Community Church spent 23 years as a certified interpreter for the Deaf. As a member of the local Deaf Community, Danny’s heart is to reach his community with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Please feel free to be a part of what God is doing at Gospel Community Church where, whether you are Deaf or hearing, there is truly a place for everyone. Below are some ways you can thank God for the work in 2015 and pray for them during the months ahead.
Key Wins in 2015
- Seen 8 people come to faith in Christ just this year
- Ordained a worship pastor
- We've been given the opportunity to serve an unreached Deaf population in Haiti (Going in October)
- We've developed a missions mobilization American Sign Language class to develop ASL language skills so our most mature members can communicate, disciple, and grow in community with our Deaf population
Prayer Requests for 2016
- Pray that God would send workers, volunteers, and financial support. The numbers are staggering. There are an estimated 7.5 million culturally Deaf individuals in the U.S. and only approximately 40 churches for the Deaf.
- Pray that God would renew within our body energy to work. We are currently operating with all volunteers.
- Pray that God would be glorified and that many unreached Deaf people would bow the knee to King Jesus!