It has been said that "churches make disciples and disciples make churches." But how does a church or a disciple know when it is time to plant or multiply? Dave Harvey answers this question in the video below.
How do you know if it is time to plant or multiply?
- You have a qualified leader/champion.
- God has stirred others to join or has prepared others to receive.
- You find faith to release and replace the man.
- You can identify a specific location that seems ripe for a church.
- The impact of the team’s departure will impose sacrifice, not slaughter.
Reflection: I have many distinct memories of standing on stage sending out church planters & teams thinking, ‘How will we ever replace men, fruitfulness or resources?” only to find there is an Acts 13 principle of sending out your best.
Qualification: We don't want to undermine the effectiveness of church by sowing out all strong leaders. There is a balance between building & expansion comes through perceptive leadership & prayer!
This video was produced by Desiring God and can be found here.