The end of December is a time to reflect. Advent turns us Godward and the New Year invites us to look forward. But it’s also a great time to look back. And as I look back over 2016, I am overwhelmed by God’s amazing grace in and through our growing family of churches. It is with great joy that I write to each of you today to share what God has done in Sojourn Network this year through your prayers, support, encouragement and gifts.
Our mission was clear: Sojourn Network exists to help pastors plant, grow and multiply healthy churches. We want to see churches started, but we also want to see them stand the test of time, stand against the temptations of our culture, and stand with other partner churches to saturate our communities with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Armed with that goal, stuff happened in 2016. Through the partnership of 40+ churches in 15 states, God enabled us, through the potency of His unrelenting grace, to:
- Invest over $200,000 in 14 different church planters. Three new churches were started in 2016.
- Add 4 new partner churches
- Assess 8 church planters
- Launch two new training ministries that appear to be enjoying immense fruit: (1) Coaching cohorts, and (2) Identifying and deploying our network “strategists”
- Start 11 new cohorts serving over 100 men and women
- Fund over 30 strategist visits to network churches for ministry training, sharpening, and support!
- Convene and train over 450 people at our fall Leaders Summit in Louisville, KY
- Care, love and serve over 140 pastors and wives at our annual Pastors Retreat in Destin, Florida
- Produce 12 new ministry training PDF’s. We also published 50 new blogs.
- Hire a new Program Coordinator - Whitney Bozarth - to assist with the growing interest in our ministries
- Sponsor two regional Micro Conferences: Ethnos in Baltimore, MD and Merciful in Indianapolis, IN
In short, it’s been quite a year! We are overwhelmed by God’s faithfulness to us in 2016, and we are deeply grateful for the amazing support we have received. Thank you for your interest, involvement, financial support and abiding prayers that were so vital to producing the fruit we are celebrating at the end of this year.
If you find God stirring your heart to give at the end of this year, consider a donation to your local church. Also, if God leads you and has provided the resources, Sojourn Network continues to need the generous support of churches and donors to serve, support, and equip our pastors and their churches in 2017.
You can donate with the button or mail us a check at:
PO Box 4819 Louisville, KY 40204.
Best wishes to you and yours this Christmas season!
In partnership for the Gospel,
Dave Harvey, Executive Director