Please read this post to see how we as Sojourn Network are seeking to respond to what is happening in Texas, more specifically in Beaumont, as a result of Hurricane Harvey. Please prayerfully consider how you can give financially to help our network family at Sojourn Beaumont, as well as their relief efforts all across the area. Posted here is a message from Josh Jean, Lead Pastor of Sojourn Beaumont.
We have just returned from the Beaumont Civic Center, which is where the Red Cross’ emergency shelter for Beaumont is located. They currently have over 800 people and 75 animals housed there. I was able to speak with a Red Cross official to gather the most important items they currently need. Here they are:
- New Socks
- Gently used or new T-shirts
- New Underwear
- Gently used or new Blankets
- Gently used or new Towels
- Stuffed Animals - Neutral
- Dog Food
- Baby/Kids clothes
- Gently used or new Pillows
- Individual Toiletries: Rag, Shampoo, Hand Lotion, comb.
- Packaged food (cookies, crackers, etc.)
We are going to be collecting these items this afternoon to deliver for those in need. There are three ways you can help us:
- First, you can donate any or all of these items, assuming we can get to your house to pick them up, or you can deliver them to us.
- Second, you can donate money specifically to this cause. You can either give online (website or Chase Paygiving@sojournbeaumont.com, be sure to note it is for Hurricane relief) or you can pledge the money and contribute it at a later date. If you would like to pledge money, please email firstname.lastname@example.org we can track it all in one place.
- Third, you can come with us to help collect, purchase, and deliver all of these supplies.
We are trying to accomplish this as soon as we can because they are already out of many of these items, so please contact us ASAP with how you would like to help out. The fastest way to communicate is to text either Josh or Daniel to let us know how you can help. Thank you!