We're excited to introduce you to Lead Pastor Nick Nye and our newest church plant to join the SN family: Apostles Union Square in New York City, NY. Read their story, celebrate their wins, and please join us in praying for this church in 2018!
Apostles Church began in 2005 with JR and Ginger Vassar. Understanding that New York is a city of smaller cities, a focus on more neighborhood-centric ministry took shape, with the dream of seeing a Gospel-centered church within walking distance of every New Yorker. So in 2007 we transitioned to two services in two locations: uptown on the Upper East Side and downtown in Murray Hill (which eventually became Union Square). Continuing that vision, the Union Square church launched Apostles Brooklyn in the fall of 2013. That same year, the Vassar family returned to Texas, after serving NYC faithfully, and Apostles focused on local pastoral leadership at each congregation. After a four year transition through leadership, in 2017 Nick Nye and his family were called from his role as founding and lead pastor Veritas Church in Columbus, Ohio to lead Apostles Union Square.
Key Wins in 2017
- Leadership development and role clarity among the leadership
- Organizational health including financial and operational systems
- A long-range visionary framework
Ways You Can Pray
- The Nye family's transition to NYC.
- Ministry changes from church planter to learning how to re-plant a church.
- Financial provision in a very expensive city.
- That the people of Apostles would feel a deeper sense of permanence in the city.