Our family is growing! Meet the newest church to join the SN family: Birmingham Community Church in Birmingham, AL led by pastor Chris Culver. Read their story, celebrate their wins, and please join us in praying for them in 2017!
On January 8th, 2012 Birmingham Community Church met for corporate worship for the first time. We began with 16 people praying that God would use BCC to reach the unchurched all over the city with the Gospel. We wanted then, as we do now, to shepherd everyone that we meet into an ever-deepening relationship with Jesus by relentlessly pointing to His surpassing worth. We pray that as we serve and love one another and our neighbors that God is glorified through Jesus Christ in our lives, church, and city.
Key Wins in 2017
- We have baptized three new believers and are walking three more through the process.
- Our transition to Home Groups has nearly tripled midweek participation in the study of Scripture.
- This year there have been several wonderful examples of confession, repentance, and forgiveness in our church. It has moved me to tears to see people trust that Jesus works in the mess of community.
- BCC's work with men and women struggling with addiction has been fruitful and it is shaping our church in beneficial ways.
Ways You Can Pray
- Please pray for wisdom in navigating what comes next for BCC. It seems we are transitioning from a group of around 50 to over 100. That comes with structural, logistical, and leadership challenges.
- Pray for evangelism. We long to see the lost find salvation in Jesus.
- Pray for leadership to continue to develop in our church.