As our family of network churches continues to grow, so does our excitement at the prospect of more gospel work being done, both locally and globally. Please join with us in celebrating the addition of Heritage Baptist Church in Owensboro, Kentucky into our network. We encourage you to read more about Heritage below and continue to pray for them as they seek to make a missional impact in their city, county, and beyond.
Heritage Baptist Church was planted in 1973 by Ted Christman who currently serves as our pastor for member care. The church began meeting in a home with 15 people. Eventually, the gathering moved into a classroom at a local college campus. In 1984, the church continued to grow under Ted's leadership. He had and a vision to start a Christian school as a way to engage the community. Heritage Christian School was founded in 1984 and a new building was also completed where the church began to meet on Sundays. The school met during the week. The church continued to grow, new disciples were baptized, members were added, additional elders and deacons were raised up to serve the church and construction was made on one of our existing buildings to make room for the growth. In 2012, a large building project (the completion of a gym for the school and new worship center for the church) was completed. We are now in that building debt-free. God has been very kind to us.
Key Wins in 2015
- The hiring of a worship leader
- The hiring of a director of youth ministry
- The formation of a church planting residency
- More conversions and baptisms in a single year than ever before in our 43 year history as a church
- A debt-free facility
Prayer Requests for 2016
- Continued faithfulness to God and his Word
- A functional dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Wisdom in leadership and decisions
- A deep and vital commitment to our groups (gospel communities)
- Missional impact in our city