When Summit officially launched on the campus of Florida Gulf Coast University in September of 2003, they knew that God was calling them to make disciples of Jesus that would represent the gospel to every man, woman and child in Southwest Florida. Now, more than a decade later, with three campuses in Gateway, Fort Myers and Naples, they continue to have a growing burden for the lost, not only in SWFL but also throughout their state, nation and world.
We are excited and grateful to have them in our network and want to invite you to celebrate their wins and pray for them in 2016.
5 Key Wins from 2015
- Renewed clarity and articulation of vision as well as the addition of key staff members and ministry leaders
- More intentional focus on the health of the church body for the purpose of moving further into the mission of God
- 20 current participants in the emerging leaders track and 10 current participants in the worship school track
- Every Child Initiative – 5 new foster families, 9 new safe families, 5 completed adoptions, and 165 wrap-around family volunteers
- Worked with and supported 36 national and international partners through Xpansion (missions)
5 Prayer Requests for 2016
- That we would see a multitude of men, women, and children trust in Jesus for salvation
- That we would grow as a people dependent upon the Lord through prayer
- That God would be glorified in Ecclesia, a local church being planted out of our residency program in 2016, and that we would steward well the new men entering our church planting residency in 2016
- That God would increase the gospel influence in our community through raising up families to care for vulnerable children and giving us favor in our school partnerships.
- That we would live by faith in what God can accomplish in and through us.
Would you join us in praying for Summit Church in 2016?